The Antalya Ramadan Market 2016 takes place from the 5th of June till the 4th of July. The Ramadan is a worldwide fasting month for Muslims, to commemorate the first revelation of the Quran to Muhammad according to Islamic belief. Based on visual sightings of the crescent moon the month can last between 29 to 30 days each year. During the Ramadan the believing muslims are renouncing food and water during the Day. They are allowed to drink and eat in the morning before sunrise, and starting again with the setting sun. To celebrate this Joy and Feast of being able to eat and drink again there is a huge Ramadan Market in Antalya located closely to the Karaalioğlu Park. I went there during the afternoon and the first stalls were just setting up. There are a lot of Chairs and Tables, to sit together and celebrate another day of Ramadan, and overall it reminded me of an amusement park. There are curlicues shops selling everything, stalls selling fruit and food in general, and a lot of fun rides.
you might also like…
- Palermo Airport Bus Transfer to Palermo City Centre – my experience
- The Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam – Theatre District
- McDonalds Price List / Menu in Italy
- Taking an ÖBB REX Train from Lindau to Bregenz (from Germany to Austria)
- St. Nikolai Memorial Museum Hamburg – Firestorm caused by Operation Gomorrah (2nd World War)
- How far is Vaduz / Liechtenstein from Zurich?
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Where to buy Da Vinci The Last Supper Tickets 27 - July - 2021
- Buy your Duomo di Milano Tickets in Milan here 25 - July - 2021
- Art & Design Photowalk in Zurich – Art in Public Space 12 - July - 2021