Do you know what alkaline water is? If not, you’re in for a surprise. The alkaline water has a pH level of over 7.0. Compared to plain or tap water, it tastes slightly sweet because of the higher pH level. Several studies claim that drinking alkaline water is more beneficial, helping treat different health conditions.
Do you want to know how? Keep on reading!
What makes it different?
Many people wonder what is alkaline water and how it is different from tap water. Well, the primary difference between both is the pH level. Alkaline water has a pH level of over seven, while regular tap water has a pH level of around six. This higher pH level is what gives this water its benefits.
- Improve your hydration: One of the obvious benefits is that it can help to improve your hydration. The ions in the water helps to bind with the molecules in your body and allow for better absorption. This means that you will be able to stay hydrated longer.
- Improve your blood circulation: Another benefit of this water is that the ions present in the water help to stimulate blood flow. This further leads to increased energy levels and improved overall health.
- Boosting the immune system: This nutrient-rich drink can also help to boost your immune system. It has potent antioxidants that can help fight off free radicals, which can further help in anti-aging.
- It has colon cleansing properties: This water can help remove toxins from your body and cleanse your colon, improving digestion and overall health and wellbeing.
- Cancer resistance: Some studies have shown that it can help fight off cancer cells. It is because alkaline helps in increasing the results of chemotherapy.
- Weight loss: It can help to boost your metabolism and help you lose weight.
Is it safe?
Considering all the benefits mentioned above- Yes! This water is safe to drink. Unless you have kidney disease or a condition that requires you to avoid alkaline foods or drinks, alkaline water is a great addition to your diet. There are no known side effects.
What do studies have to say?
- In 2016, a research study was published in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health. This study looked at the effects of alkaline water on adults who were suffering from high blood pressure and found that it helped lower blood pressure.
- In another study published in 2015, researchers looked at the effects of alkaline water on people with diabetes. The study found that it helps to improve insulin sensitivity.
- A review published in 2010 found that it can also help prevent osteoporosis.
To put it simply, alkaline water is a great choice for those who are looking for a healthy alternative to sugary drinks or sodas. This water can help to improve your health in many ways and is a great addition to your diet!
How do I get it?
You can purchase this water at most health food stores. You can also find it online. If you want to make your own alkaline water, you can purchase an ionizer. It will help raise the pH level.
As you can see, there are many benefits of alkaline water. If you are looking for a way to improve your health, this water is a great option. Give it a try and see for yourself!