This healthy chocolate chip pancake will completely transform your breakfast! Also, this quick 5 minute healthy pancake only contains 3 ingredients. 2 ingredients with unlimited options for individual customization! You won’t even believe what these two main ingredients are. They work together so incredibly well. All you need is a mixer, or preferably a hand blender if you have one. The following recipe is for one portion, which equals one big pancake if cooked in a smaller pan of less than 24 cm/10 inches. You can also do multiple smaller ones out of the batter, but one big one is less work… This is especially important if you want to try this recipe for a weekday breakfast, and not on the weekend. Time-saving, to have more time for other activities!
Recipe: banana chocolate chip pancake – pancake made from 2 main ingredients (banana and egg)
After all, the best recipes are just the simple ones that end up tasting really good!? So is this recipe for a chocolate chip pancake made with just 3 ingredients, banana, egg and chocolate chips. For this banana pancake no additional flour, baking powder and also no milk, sugar, water or other ingredients are needed. This recipe is already more than delicious with these few ingredients. Banana pancakes are perfect for breakfast/brunch or also very tasty as a (take away) snack!
3 ingredient chocolate chip Pancakes (no flour, no milk, no added sugar)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana very ripe
- 10 g chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp butter for frying
- First you mash the banana in a bowl with the help of a fork, otherwise, if you have, use a small mixer or blender1 Banana
- Now add in the one egg and stir/mash everything together to a nice batter1 Egg
- If you want, you can customize your healthy pancake batter. I have added 10 grams of chocolate chips, you could also add small granola bits or 1/4 shredded apple, or skip this step completely10 g chocolate chips
- Place a pan on medium heat on your stove, add 1/2 tsp butter into a non-stick pan, wait until the butter has melted and pour in all the egg-banana batter.1/2 tsp butter
- Wait until the batter has set on the bottom side, this will take about two minutes (depending on your kind of stove and pan) and flip the whole pancake on the other side for it to brown as well. Flipping the pancake will ensure its properly cooked.
- Enjoy your healthy two ingredient pancake with no flour, milk or sugar right away or store in an airtight container for take away!