Advertising | Press Invitation
Finally I was able to test drive the pure electric car Volvo C40 Pure Electric. However, not a classic car tester test drive, but rather to take a closer look at the car’s suitability for everyday use. How comfortable is it not to have a start button anymore, do you have any advantages as an electric car driver anyway, how does such an SUV coupe do in inner-city traffic as well as on the motorway? A full weekend in Hamburg with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric was the perfect testing ground. Sightseeing and getting to know the “Pure Electric”, i.e. the fully electric new Volvo. And, getting a preview of what’s to come from Volvo in the coming months. There will be some drastic changes coming that you surely didn’t expect. What exactly will they be? Read below my “Travel Diary“, the report of my weekend in Hamburg with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric.
All detailed blogposts will be linked to this post as soon as they are published in the next few days! So be sure to check back soon, and in the meantime, bookmark this post in your browser or Pinterest, or send yourself this link by email. There will be a lot of posts to follow, roughly chronologically, so check back in about 2 weeks at the latest 😉
You can also check out the archive for this trip here: Volvo C40 Electric Car Press Drive Hamburg Event
Do you already follow me on Instagram on @lisa_joydellavita? Here you will always be kept up to date about new posts on this lifestyle test drive with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric!
For more information on the Volvo C40 Pure Electric, check out the official Volvo website of your country, for example: Volvo Germany, Volvo UK, Volvo Italy, Volvo US or Volvo Global.
Travel Diary: a full weekend in Hamburg with the Volvo C40
Day 1: Arrival in Hamburg & to go sushi at the hotel
How convenient to work only half the day on Friday – so you can enjoy 2.5 days of weekend. And, catch an afternoon flight for a Friday evening arrival at the destination. After the two flights with Lufthansa, we went directly to the hotel on the Außenalster in Hamburg, the noble The Fontenay. To end the evening comfortably, a sushi platter was picked up from the sushi restaurant Gong. Located just around the corner from the hotel, you can pick up the delicious rolls on reusable plates, for a deposit of €10 a box, and return them soon after. Noble sushi indulgence, cosy in a classy hotel room with free minibar. A more than perfect start to the weekend in Hamburg with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric.
- Lufthansa OnBoard Delights Price List 2022 – Want something to eat on board your Lufthansa flight? Have your credit card ready!
- As a Lufthansa FTL with an escort/accompanying person to the lounge (for an additional charge)
- Lufthansa Flight Experience during the 2022 Corona Pandemic
- “Instagram Me” sushi platter from Gong Hamburg to take home, and eat at the hotel
- Food Guide Instagram Accounts for Hamburg
Day 2: Exploring Hamburg with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric
You don’t need a car in the city centre? No way… especially in the city centre, a sporty car like the Volvo C40 Pure Electric is more than fun. And the big advantage? For example, you can park free of charge in the Hafencity and Speicherstadt areas up to the maximum parking time. Sightseeing without having to dig deep into your pocket for parking, great! The destinations of the second day of the weekend in Hamburg with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric included the Plaza of the Elbphilharmonie, as well as a walk across the Landungsbrücken, the area of the Sunday fish market including a visit to a Russian submarine via the Reeperbahn back to the Speicherstadt. For a late lunch just a classic Pannfisch in a small snack restaurant, as the breakfast buffet from the hotel was filling for a long time. Then more exploring without local emissions by electric car, and an elegant dinner at The Fontenay Restaurant Parkview. This didn’t go on too long though, as Hamburg is currently on curfew.
- Walkaround Video: Volvo C40 Pure Electric electric car in fjord blue
- Free parking in Hamburg with an electric car
- Find charging stations for electric cars in Hamburg here
- Breakfast at The Fontenay Hotel Hamburg Restaurant Parkview
- What is Pannfisch, Hamburg’s fish dish?
- Get free tickets for the Elbphilharmonie Plaza here at this place
- These musicals are currently on show in Hamburg (2022)
- Visit a Russian submarine in Hamburg / Submarine Museum on the Elbe River
- Sightseeing Walk Hamburg – Elbphilharmonie, Landungsbrücken, St. Pauli Reeperbahn
- Eating cheap fish in a restaurant in Hamburg at Fisch & Co
Day 3: a final tour of Hamburg, and saying goodbye to Volvo’s new electric car.
With the third day, the weekend in Hamburg with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric is slowly but surely coming to an end. The weather was not happy about the situation either and provided a rainy morning. Ideal to go to the museum and before that, once again, to have a delicious breakfast. The breakfast buffet at The Fontenay Hamburg is not to be missed! There is absolutely nothing to complain about in terms of the selection and quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff.
Afterwards, thanks to the Volvo electric car, we parked again free of charge in the Hafencity and visited the maritime museum. What an impressive museum on 9 floors, you should definitely plan more than 2 hours here. Then back to The Fontenay for a small lunch in the hotel restaurant with a direct view of the Outer Alster. Slowly the rain clouds disappeared, and the industrial Hamburg was discovered as the end of the day. Past mountains of containers to Harburg to see a cruise ship. Always visible, the imposing Elbphilharmonie.
Soon it was time to grab our suitcases and head back to Hamburg airport. In Frankfurt, we tried Tim Mälzer’s new Italian restaurant, Pezzo di Pane, and landed late at Lake Constance Airport. Tip: Lufthansa passengers can currently park for free at Bodensee Airport.
- Maritime Museum Hamburg & History of the Hamburg Süd shipping company.
- Sightseeing Drive Hamburg Route – Hafencity, Reeperbahn to Harburg Cruise Center
- Tips for Hamburg in the rain
- What to do/see in Hamburg on a Sunday
- First-time visitor guide to Hamburg – what to see on your first day in the Hanseatic city
- Overnight stay at the 5-star hotel The Fontenay Hamburg
- Test drive with the pure electric car Volvo C40
all pictures by JoyDellaVita
One response to “Travel diary: Weekend in Hamburg with the Volvo C40 Pure Electric”
[…] Image via my Hamburg Weekend Travel Diary […]